Vintage Mustang Forums banner

'66 Concours question / PS pump / eBa(y) car

478 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  66_Pony 
#1 ·
Please have a look at eBa(y) 2426242671.... Very much like Shari, but a GT and looks a whole lot nicer shape. Obviously the washer bag has been incorrectly replaced with a '67 style washer bottle, but I wanted to ask about the color of the PS pump. I was told that all original pumps were teal, not FoMoCo Blue like this one. Shari's is FoMoCo Blue, and now I'm beginning to wonder if some were that way. Can someone confirm / deny?

G
#3 ·
They were either teal or black in '66, no exceptions. If they have an I or IC on the second line, they are a Ford pump and painted teal. If they have a W on the third line, they are the Thompson pump and painted black.

#4 ·
Thanks, Charles, that's what I thought. I don't know why anyone would have pulled the pump and repainted it in Shari, since there are some other parts that are obviously original and in pretty poor cosmetic shape, if functionally fine. Maybe there was a PS leak at some point and they repainted while they had it out....

In any case, something to do when I get around to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.