Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1966 Signal Flare Red convertible for sale in southeastern PA. The car is a V8 auto that currently has a 4 bbl 302 with a C4 auto tranny. The engine has a casting from 1973. Edelbrock performer intake with a 1406 electric choke carb. Car runs and shifts smoothly. Has a white power top in great shape with black pony interior which is also in great shape. The power top was never hooked up, so I do not know if it works. I move it by hand without any problems. It has power steering with manual drum brakes. I also added fog lights to the car. The car was originally Silver Frost with a black standard interior. I have the original owners manual which has the original owners info typed in the front. Within the past few months the front end was completely rebuilt and the brakes were redone including adding a dual reservoir master cylinder. I just had the front end aligned. The car has very minor surface rust on the undercarriage, but it is just that "surface rust" You are welcome to take your best screwdriver and poke away and you will see the metal is solid. The body is very straight and has no rust or paint bubbles. The cowls were replaced when the PO had the car redone. The car has 15 x 7 Cragars with new rubber, but I have the original wire wheel hubcaps. I have extra parts which go with the car. I've had the car for three years and need the space in the garage and the money for another project. I'm asking $11,700. I can send pics. I will also take pics of any specific area of the car at your request (just give me a little time). When I tell you this is a very nice car I mean it. I've been looking at the stuff on ehay and this one is a steal. Get it just in time for the topless season. Any questions ask away!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hi Dave, would you mind sending pics to [email protected]

I might have a buyer interested in the car, it is pretty much exactly what he is looking for.

Thanks,
-Brian

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Sounds nice. Please send pics. (I wouldn't mind taking it back to Silver Frost though!)

G

·
0 Posts
Dave,
Is the 66 still available? Iam very interested but would like to talk about it more before purchasing.

Tom

·
Registered
319 Posts
This car is just what I'm looking for! I would be very interested in coming to look at it. Where in PA is it? Can you give some more info? How does the engine look/run? Could you post some more pics and include int, engine, trunk, underbody?

By looking at your own pic, does the color look the same in real life, or a deeper red? From the pic it looks more like a poppy red. Any dings/dents/scratches at all?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car is still available. The engine runs strong and the tranny shifts smoothly. I do have many more pics that I can email if you pm me your email address. It has a pony interior, but the doors are standard. I do have the pony doors, which I am currently putting on. The carpet is a little worn on the driver's side. I forgot to mention that the engine compartment apron under the battery has a hole in it which was repaired by the PO using sheet metal and rivets. With the battery tray in place you can't see the repair. The car is a single exhaust, but a do have the dual exhaust rear valance with trim rings that goes with the car if ytou ever wanted to change it.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I'll vouch for both the car's condition, and the honesty of the guy selling it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My best friend inSweden is looking for a real nice Mustang Convertible .I see your car and was wondering if you still have it and whats the least you will take for it . He does have the cash for it and is wanting to make a deal .Could you send me somemore pics of the car such as the inside trunk , engine , etc .Waiting on your reply . My email address is [email protected]
Becky Nelson

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for the delay in the pics. I keep getting send errors via my email when I am sending the pics. Drop me a PM if you did not receive the pics.
Becky - At this point I am not willing to drop the price more than a few hundred dollars. If you saw the car you would see that I am asking a reasonable amount.
Thanks,
Dave

G

·
0 Posts
Have strong and immediate interest in your 66. Need to talk to you about seeing it in the next day or two if it is still available. call Steve: 973 663-3170 or email: [email protected] Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts