Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1966 MUSTANG CONVERT, 6 CYL, AUTO, WIMBLETON WHITE, RED INT, BLACK MANUAL TOP, SOLID CAR, 3RD OWNER , ORIG AM RADIO, NO POWER AT ALL, REMOTE DRIVER MIRROR.
NEW:
SEAT COVERS
DASH PAD
CARPET & UNDERLAYMENT
INST CLUSTER
ARM RESTS
DOOR PANELS
SUN VISORS
DASH PAD
FRONT SEAT BELTS
PLUGS, POINTS, ROTOR, CAP, WIRES
REPAINTED INTERIOR METAL CORRECT 66 RED

RECENT
GAS TANK
RADIATOR
TIRES
REAR LEAF SPRINGS

I BOUGHT THIS SOLID 66 CAR AFTER LOOKING AS DOZENS OF CARS SO RUSTY, THEY WERE NOT EVEN WORTH BRINGING HOME. THE PREVIOUS OWNER KEPT THE CAR MOSTLY GARAGED SINCE 1980, AND DROVE IT VERY LITTLE THE LAST 5 YEARS OR SO. IT IS LARGELY UNMOLESTED WITH THE NICEST FRONT AND REAR FRAME RAILS, SHOCK TOWERS AND FENDER APRONS I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME.
THE ORIG ENGINE WAS REPLACED SOMETIME BEFORE 1980 W A 1978 200 6 CYLINDER. THE TOP HAS NO HOLES AND A CLEAR FLEXIBLE PLASTIC WINDOW. I REPLACED MOST INTERIOR COSMETICS AND PAINT IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS. SHE RUNS GOOD, DOES NOT SMOKE. CAR WAS REPAINTED AROUND 15 YEARS AGO WHEN AN ACCIDENT NECESSITATED REPLACING THE PASSENGER DOOR. SHE
SHIFTS WELL, DRIVES STRAIGHT DOWN THE ROAD. I DRIVE HER TO WORK NOW, ABOUT A 50 MILE ROUND TRIP, BUT AM HUNTING A 68 J CODE CAR IN SIMILAR CONDITION SO THE VERT MUST GO.
NEGATIVES
RUST HOLES IN TRUNK DROP-OFFS
PENNY SIZE HOLE IN FRONT INNER DRIVERS DOOR WHICH I DIDN'T EVEN SEE TILL I STRIPPED THE DOOR TO REPAINT
END OF DRIVER SIDE TOP LATCH HANDLE BROKEN OFF
ENGINE STILL IDLES ROUGH.
SMALL TRANS AUTO FLUID LEAK, HOPE TO GET THAT FIXED NEXT WEEK.
BLOCK AWAY PAINT JOB W LOTS OF TOUCH UPS IF YOU LOOK CLOSE
I WILL LIST THIS CAR HERE BEFORE GOING TO THE AUCTI0N SITE. ASKING $8500.00. PLEASE NO TIRE KICKERS, PICTURE COLLECTORS OR LOBALL OFFERS. I AM WORKING ON A LINK TO CAR-DOMANE. SHOULD BE WORKING IN A DAY OR SO BUT CAN MAIL SOME PICS IF YOU LIKE. PLEASE EMAIL ANY QUESTIONS. THANKS!
SCOTT FFSBK68
@AOL.COM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts