Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Whose wheels are those and what are the specs on the tires and wheels? I like the look of the wheels and I have to run a fairly big offset because of the wider track width on the RS chassis - so I am thinking something like yours might work. The whole car is coming together nicely - looking forward to your interior work.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
They are American Racing Daytona wheels, 17x7 front, 17x8 rear with 0 offset. I dont think they are available any more. The tires are 245/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear which puts fronts slightly higher so getting the ideal stance is a compromise, the wheels and tires came with the car. I found some flat center caps and had some black running horse stickers made, I did not like the stock American Racing caps.
I thinking of going with a dark blue carpet but I have modified the floor quite a bit. Larger tunnel, lowered the seat platforms, etc. I also did not want the toe pad added in the carpet, I read a 69 carpet carpet does not have the toe pad and fits earlier Mustangs with lowered seat pans. I need extra material for mine to work, no center console for now,

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Thanks for the info! I was planning on 17x7 up front and 17x8 in the rear - so glad to hear that works. I am looking at the wheels from vintagewheelsus.com - they look pretty close to what you have and I can get them in a custom offset - I really appreciate you answering my questions! Good luck with the carpet - excited to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
I took my piece of trim and rubber strip to an upholsterer to be sewn, this is the windlace, weatherstrip that goes at the front of convertible roof. I had called Robbins who manufactured the roof and they said that is how they come, separate, oh well.
Fitted the a/c drain line and insulated the a/c lines in the car. I made a stand for my grinder so I could polish the stainless trim around the window. Made the stand out of scrap wood and 2x4's and clamped in a Workmate. I bought a stainless buffing kit on Amazon and have at it. The top windshield pieces I thought were just stained but they were pits maybe from the old roof. They took quite a bit of work to sand all the way out and also many scratches. One untouched and the other with a first pass on the buffer after sanding with 600, 1000 & 1500 wet and dry. Still more work required.
Automotive tire Hood Tire Automotive lighting Car

Completed header trim and my buffing stand. Quite pleased how they came out. Next the side pieces, those will get the most attention as they will be most visible.
Cannon Road surface Gas Asphalt Automotive wheel system

I ordered some carpet samples, I think I will buy just the material and lay it myself. I have fitted carpet like that around speaker boxes and the front and rear of luggage compartments, they came out well. Cant be that difficult can it?

121 - 124 of 124 Posts