Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I buy a new harness for the '66 vert and after I get it routed, find that I have about 4 extra feet that I have to coil up in the back quarter. I called the supplier and they sent me a diagram that shows the harness running over the passenger side rocker. I checked on line and found a couple of diagrams that show it that way too.

I'm using the Osborn guide which shows it routed over the driver's side and still have the old one which I removed from the driver's side. So I either cut, coil, re-furb the old or run it passenger side.
Does anybody know why the difference?...just curious.

Jim

·
Registered
35,874 Posts
Depends on the year. I've always seen 64-66 routed on the RH rocker. Move it. Later, you'll be glad, when it doesn't bother you that is wrong, and coiled up all over the place.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, gonna move it I think. That '66 manual had me convinced that the harness was for a Galaxie 500 with all that extra length...!
This is a June 1966 car so fairly late in production so I'm thinking that Ford had a better idea and ran it the short way on some of the '66s too, just like they did on the 67s. Kinda funny that the Osbornn manual had it that way too though.
Thanks
Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
FWIW, My Feb 66 convert has the harness on the drivers side rocker. Was under the impression that 65's were on the passenger side and 66's were on the driver side, I could be wronr though.

John

·
Registered
703 Posts
March 65 car here. My aft harness was on the driver's side and the power top harness was on the passenger's side.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
My June 65 build date convertible has the wire routed down the driver's side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts