Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a bit in the making replacing about ever piece of metal on it. W a twin turbo 96 cobra motor t56 trans 4 link coil overs in the front mini tubbed w some 18s all around shaved drip rails and all the fun stuff inside Prob forgetting a bunch but should be fun looking for around 1300hp

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,843 Posts
Welcome, that’s quite a project. I’ll be following for sure.

With the work that you’re doing, why stop with a mini vs a full tub?
Shooting for 1,300 hp, how can you expect to hook?

Why type of cage are you installing, how many points?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes is aje in the front and martz in the rear. Mini tub is good enough for a street car just wanted to be able to get a 325 tire on the rear. I really have no intentions on being able to hook up cars just for fun. And it’s a 6 point now we’re adding more to it tho to stiffen up the unibody some more. This car will not see the track

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s a modified mini tub getting 15” brakes all around out of a new mustang 9” a 3:55 gears roll cage was out of mustang depot awhile back that’s modified. It’s gonna run on e85 I’ll happily answer any questions

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,843 Posts
I’m not flaming you at all, and I’ll be following the build, but I’m just not understanding the build.

Why 1,300 hp if you won’t be able to hook, and even if you can hook slightly with some pedaling, you’ll probably need at least a 12 point full cage, don’t you think?

I’m not following the thought process,....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1300 is around 1000 to the wheels just something I’ve always wanted to hit. It won’t hook up never expect it too. Just fun to drive realisticly 500 would be fine. I started there on the cobra and every year u just get use to it and up the power every year. U only need a cage if ur going to the track. It’s just some safety more looks. But not much on this car is gonna make sense or be practical.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah i built my cobra and it saw the track once and that motors going in the the 66 now really tho 1000 hp isn’t as much as u think it is. It’s fun to get on the highway and do a 3rd gear pull. And that kind of power is so easy to obtain theses days. I mean cars now have close to 800 stock.

·
Super Moderator
8,843 Posts
Yeah i built my cobra and it saw the track once and that motors going in the the 66 now really tho 1000 hp isn’t as much as u think it is. It’s fun to get on the highway and do a 3rd gear pull. And that kind of power is so easy to obtain theses days. I mean cars now have close to 800 stock.

Other than the helcat and the new demon,.....what cars have 800?
The 19 zr1 Only has 755.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
W out splitting hairs 755 is close enough as we’re talking about factory cars. Demon Ferrari koinsig and the hellcat or new Shelby is a pulley change or tune away from over 800. For a 16 year old w the right amount of money can buy. So why isn’t anyone saying that’s too much hp for a factory car ? Why do those numbers go up every year ? And even the Shelby truck has 750. And it’s a damn truck

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
W out splitting hairs 755 is close enough as we’re talking about factory cars. Demon Ferrari koinsig and the hellcat or new Shelby is a pulley change or tune away from over 800. For a 16 year old w the right amount of money can buy. So why isn’t anyone saying that’s too much hp for a factory car ? Why do those numbers go up every year ? And even the Shelby truck has 750. And it’s a damn truck
It probably is but still ,, airbags, ABS, safety cell construction, crumple zones, better brakes, better handling, traction control, ECT.
You must live in the rich part of town ,no 16 year olds I know of sporting that kind of green around here

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My street bike i had was 450 pounds and had 190 hp . That scarfed the **** out of me and there’s no cage no protection but a helmet and it could easily do over 180 mph and a 16 year old (or there parents) could get them that. But if your happy w the 200 something hp the stock 289 put out then have at it. But obviously u haven’t been in a car w 25 pounds of boost and squeezed that pedal for a few seconds and felt the adrenaline. Some do drugs some drink some smoke and some are addicted to horse power ?????

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
My street bike i had was 450 pounds and had 190 hp . That scarfed the **** out of me and there’s no cage no protection but a helmet and it could easily do over 180 mph and a 16 year old (or there parents) could get them that. But if your happy w the 200 something hp the stock 289 put out then have at it. But obviously u haven’t been in a car w 25 pounds of boost and squeezed that pedal for a few seconds and felt the adrenaline. Some do drugs some drink some smoke and some are addicted to horse power ?????
Without starting a pissingmatch You asked a question " So why isn’t anyone saying" and I answered. Also a 450# bike is less of a threat to every one else on the road than a 2500# car. In many areas law enforcement won't even chase a bike they'll just come scrape you up latter..
As far as how fast or not I've been and how much HP or not I have There's an old adage something to the effect of "Speed cost money how fast can you afford to go" I do what I can.
I don't drink,smoke,do drugs,Caffeine,Ect :shrug:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No pissing match just conversation. U can say why does any car have over 140hp right like a Honda. Why have cars factory w that much my mom use to say the speed limit is only 65 ..... yeah then why make most every car capable of 100 plus. U just made a point about not taking it to the track and I’m just saying it won’t see the track yet i love hp and exceleration. Call it a waste of money but it’s really about 1500 diff to make a car 700 hp or 1300

1 - 20 of 41 Posts