Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the 66 deluxe door panel clips supposed to come with the foam piece attached? I ordered a pair from Cal Mustang and I think they sent me the standard but marked them deluxe. What purpose does the foam piece serve anyway?

66 Signal Flare Red Vert
302 2V

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also Cal Mustang failed to credit a coupon toward my order and it took about two weeks. I don't think I will use them again with NPD around.

66 Signal Flare Red Vert
302 2V

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I've seen standard door clips come with and with out foam - even on the same door. I've noticed in
Virginia Classic Mustang Catalogue that their Deluxe door panel clipset has foam and costs more than their standard door panel clips with foam. I'd like to know the difference since the deluxe door panels I've grabbed from a junk 'Stang had clips that look the same as the ones for the Standard panels.

Hope that made some sense...

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had the deluxe door panels of mine recently and the clips were a mixed bag. I'm going to check my assembly manual and see if there's a different part number for pony door panel clips.

Vintage Burgundy 1966 Mustang GT Fastback
MCA member #46447<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Smokin_Joe on 03/15/01 08:10 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
IIRC the pony door panel clips are longer than the standard. I haven't seen any with the foam on them. I've bought both standard and pony at dallas mustang and none of the had the foam you speak of.

Jason
Formerly Bluestangcom
"Got gas?"
Vintage Burgundy'66 Conv. 289 & C4. GT-ized
Strawberry/Silver '91GT
Rust/Red/Turquoise '67 coupe - Parting Out
Guards Red 2000 Porsche Boxster

http://www.bluestang.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts