Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My copy of the Jim Osborn 1966 electrical assembly has pages 21 and 22 duplicated.

I need pages 23 and 24 (drawings E6-8145-2 and -3). Anyone mind scaning them in and sending them to me? See my profile for my real e-mail address.

I can't figure out where my flasher goes without it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
The flasher on a '65 is mounted on the left air vent tube. There's a clip on the steering column side that holds the flasher and a harness umbilical and connector to attach to it. Don't know if your '66 is the same.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got that.

There is a flasher on the passenger side ofthe car. I presume that it goes to the emergency flasher. I also have a little square thingie on the same harness that I presume attaches to the emergency flasher (which I don't seem to have).

·
Premium Member
19,212 Posts
Just to the right of the ash tray on the bottom of the dash (underside) is a u-prong'ed clip that holds the flasher unit. Depending upon the build date of your car (prior to March 13, 1966), you have one of two style e-flasher units. That installs on the topside of the glove box. Insulate the contacts, as they will be hot and can cause shorts.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the clip, its attached to the flasher flopping around on the floor.

I'll look for the obvious hole.

Got any idea about the weird square thingie on the same part of the harness? Its black and somwhat rectangular with several wires attached. It looks like it would make a good back plate for a switch.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so I didn't read and think at the same time.

And, you are right, it causes shorts. The harness was laying on the floor pan and I had this weird on/off short thing going on. You know, like a flasher.

Now, if there are two types of flashers, how do I know which one I need?

I see in my glove box, two holes on the top. I presume that the flasher unit goes there.

You know, no one has yet offered to scan the Jim Osborn pages that I'm missing. I would have though that someone would have offered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts