Vintage Mustang Forums banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Today, we took the Emberglo and the Tahoe Turquoise 66s on about a 7 hour round trip to visit-at-distance with my wife's parents. We made it about 100 miles before somebody had to stop to pee...
20200507_132418.jpg
Some don't like their out-laws (haha!) but I love mine. Carter drove his all the way with Mom riding shotgun, and did very well.
20200507_145938.jpg
My navigator's battery ran down, but Collier perked right up after a drive-thru for dinner on the way home !
20200507_193921.jpg

What a great day for a drive, a visit outside with family, and so happy our work passed the test !!
20200507_153907.jpg

·
Registered
766 Posts
Looks like a great day. Congrats man, this is what it’s all about!

Reactions: myfirstcar66

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Yesterday we took both driven 66s for a long day trip (about 2 and 1/2 hours each way) to see my parents for the first time in months. The weather was great, traffic wasn't too heavy and we only had to stop once each way for my wife to pee !!
20200530_130420.jpg

Reactions: Caper50

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
My son got his high school class ring, and he was pleased how the design turned out...
20200526_125244.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

·
Dimples
4,676 Posts
That’s super cool!

We did a parade thing for my daughters class moving from middle school to high school. Of course, we took the 66 for this.

The seniors get to paint their parking spots. We were talking about painting hers with a top-down view of her 66 so it’ll look like she’s parked there from the air. When we get closer to that time, I may have to start a thread looking for better ideas.

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
That’s super cool!

..."We were talking about painting hers with a top-down view of her 66 so it’ll look like she’s parked there from the air..."
Now that is a cool idea. Would be neat to have a video themed "leave your mark" with her getting in the car, driving away, and the view of the car still visible from a drone.
Okay, nobody steal that. I need to get into marketing. More money than police work...

·
Dimples
4,676 Posts
Now that is a cool idea. Would be neat to have a video themed "leave your mark" with her getting in the car, driving away, and the view of the car still visible from a drone.
Okay, nobody steal that. I need to get into marketing. More money than police work...
Hah, I own a marketing agency. There may be more money in police work, lol.

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
It seems "Wildfire" may like to eat alternator belts. When we've gone on long trips, the higher rpm for a sustained time takes its toll, and the belt becomes loose, slips, even squeals some on start-up after return. On examination, the alternator belts are narrower and sit further down in the pulley, as the adjustment is absolutely tight and hasn't slipped. I will have to look closely at the alternator pulley and crank pulley rear sheave to see if there's a burr or something cutting the belt down...
Aside from that, the car is running great, my son loves it and will be getting his license in a little over a month. I hope to have the Deluxe door panels and courtesy lamps on freshly painted Emberglo doors, and a new pair of leaf springs under it by then. A new exhaust system would be nice, but we're not trying to let Wildfire run too wild.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hah, I own a marketing agency. There may be more money in police work, lol.
I'll assume Geico is not one of your customers?

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
When I go to areas away from home, I usually scan thru Craigslist and see if there are any good deals. I was in Florida for a few days, and detoured back through Mobile , AL...scored a set of four 1966 Styled Steel wheels, trim rings, center caps, lug nuts and low-mileage BF Goodrich Radial T/As for $200 !
00N0N_gIL6nFAd7pN_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

They'll need a good cleaning, there's a few small spots of surface rust to take care of and the inserts need a fresh coat of charcoal paint, but that's a good project for my sons to help with. They'll look great on the Emberglo car and we'll eventually get a set for the Nightmist car, too.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
When I go to areas away from home, I usually scan thru Craigslist and see if there are any good deals. I was in Florida for a few days, and detoured back through Mobile , AL...scored a set of four 1966 Styled Steel wheels, trim rings, center caps, lug nuts and low-mileage BF Goodrich Radial T/As for $200 !
View attachment 760077

They'll need a good cleaning, there's a few small spots of surface rust to take care of and the inserts need a fresh coat of charcoal paint, but that's a good project for my sons to help with. They'll look great on the Emberglo car and we'll eventually get a set for the Nightmist car, too.
Nice score !! - you should have let me know you were coming through the area.

John

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Nice score !! - you should have let me know you were coming through the area.

John
It was kind of spur of the moment, but you're right. It almost didn't happen, but the fellow met us at a store. We made it home about 1 am.

Reactions: subpar63

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Today is my son's 16th birthday, so today we got his actual driver license with a new photo since he had his braces taken off....
And here is his 16th birthday cake my wife and I made !
Everything on the cake is edible and it is modeled after his actual keys and fob.
Should be tasty !!!
20200716_162116.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Nice job. The kid has good parents.
Iiiiiiiidunno 'bout all that ! We try, and yeah, you could say they're kinda spoiled, but it's not like we drop a lot of cash on them. We've always made both our sons' birthday cakes, what we do or spend for one we do or spend for the other. We do a lot, so we don't have to spend as much. I have no idea how much it would cost to have some of the custom cakes we have made done by someone else. I know it would cost a lot to have somebody else do all the things we have done on the Mustangs. That's why I for his birthday he got tools ! Hopefully that will give a gift that keeps on giving all his life .

81 - 100 of 102 Posts