Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add an original style chrome engine dressup kit to my A-code 66' GT, but I am not sure how a dealership would have handled the thermactor system and the hipo style chrome air cleaner. On the standard air cleaner there was a hose that ran into the back and one from the front to the oil breather cap. Anyone here know how a California dealership would have handled this? I understand from a previous discussion the Hipo in california didn't even get the smog control, right? Any judges seen this handled at a show? ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I believe my engine assy manual (which I don't have with me at this moment) showed that the oil filler cap connected to the bottom of the HiPo air cleaner. I don't believe there are any repros of that air cleaner, however.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Hi Steve -

I'm pretty sure that air cleaner is repro'd - I bought one last year from Cal Mustang. Chrome top, blue bottom, element has round perforated cover? Around $43 as I recall. I'm using the top of it on Lolita because it's the shortest top I could find.
It came with a crankcase breather snout that could be installed if desired.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
OK, I knew the HiPo was repro'd, I didn't know it came with a breather snout. Great!

The late Ford repro I have on the Cat doesn't have a snout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts