Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 f/b that has what appears to be a factory installed light socket in the dash. It's located in a punched hole with a spring loaded socket that goes into the underdash harness. It's about 5 inches below the point between the ignition and the lighter. It takes an 1895 bulb. Could this be a seatbelt warning light? is there such a thing on this model? Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Yes, '66 was the first year that the seat belt light was available and that location sound about right - IIRC the ones I've harvested. If you want to get another light bezel you might try Allan Cross at www.fomoco.com.

Do you still have the skinny rectangular relay on your brake/clutch pedal support?

Regards,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i looked and i don't see anything except for the stop light switch. Where is the location on the pedal support in relation to the stop light switch? I have standard shift and its kind of hard to see down there. Is the relay available new?

G

·
0 Posts
if it is below the ignition switch it is a seatbelt warning light which would come on for about a minute and go off. this was installed if you ordered the deluxe pushbutton seatbelts.

the parking brake warning light was normally installed below the light and wiper switches in the same way as the seatbelt warning light.

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

Check out my 65 [color:blue]fastback!</font color=blue>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
My relay was mounted on the wiper motor mounting bracket.

66 Fastback
85 GT Hatchback
67 Coupe
82 GT Hatchback

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Sounds like one to me. Mine has the light which came with the deluxe seat belts and is located centered between the ignition and lighter, with the bottom of the chrome housing flush with the bottom of the dash.

Rich
1966 GT convertible

1 - 6 of 6 Posts