Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. I was wondering, how rare is this paint and trim combination, the data plate reads V for emberglo and the trim code is F9 for parchment and polomino pony interior, I read a paper saying that emberglo only came with black pony/standard interior, and parchment and emberglo pony/standard interior, just wondering if anybody has seen this paint and trim combo before, let me know thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
No way of definitively knowing how rare the Emberglow with parchment interior is as there are no records for the pre 67 cars unfortunately. I would say the color combo is not rare but uncommon. I love the color combination.

Reactions: BlakeTX

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that a car you're looking to buy, already own or looking to sell?

My question may not seem to pertain to your question, however, it does...

Allen
Hello Allen! I recently just purchased it, and have no interest in selling it at the moment, but if I do I’ll definitely post it up on here

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No way of definitively knowing how rare the Emberglow with parchment interior is as there are no records for the pre 67 cars unfortunately. I would say the color combo is not rare but uncommon. I love the color combination.
I really wish there were Marti reports for pre 67, and thanks! I love this color combo too, definitely not going to change it

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Hello Allen! I recently just purchased it, and have no interest in selling it at the moment, but if I do I’ll definitely post it up on here
It looks like a solid 66 GT. I don't think the price will change more than ~5% because of color combo.

Some things, like engine code, would be more of a game changer, I believe, than color combo...

Start a build thread here so we can follow your progress...and welcome!

Allen

·
Registered
142 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, looks like a solid car and nice to have a four speed deluxe interior. Is it a running and driving car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on your purchase, looks like a solid car and nice to have a four speed deluxe interior. Is it a running and driving car?
It is currently not running, it’s been sitting since 85! I bought it from the original owner and he used to race it before he let it sit in the garage.

·
Dimples
4,674 Posts
I went to the Dallas Autorama recently, and saw one with same color combo and remarked to my friend that this color is kind of rare. There were three at the show, lol.

·
Registered
35,536 Posts
I went to the Dallas Autorama recently, and saw one with same color combo and remarked to my friend that this color is kind of rare. There were three at the show, lol.
I was once at a car show, looking at a Harvest Gold Corvette. Presently, there were four of us looking at the car, and as we got to talking, realized a) None of us owned the car, and b) ALL of us owned Harvest Gold Corvettes. Between us, represented FIVE HG Corvettes (including the absent owner). Amazing coincidence, considering they only made about 120 in this color. Rare is still rare, even when lightning strikes. Emberglo with Parchment interior is probably pretty rare. I've never seen one.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
The Emberglo cars aren't common at all. I just got lucky looking for a car for my son. His 66 Emberglo hardtop came with all Parchment interior and we just converted it to Emberglo and Parchment Deluxe / Pony. We LOVE it.
20200414_202220.jpg

Reactions: Huntingky

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Emberglo cars aren't common at all. I just got lucky looking for a car for my son. His 66 Emberglo hardtop came with all Parchment interior and we just converted it to Emberglo and Parchment Deluxe / Pony. We LOVE it. View attachment 753636
super nice! I’m still undecided if I want to switch to that interior, it looks too good!

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
super nice! I’m still undecided if I want to switch to that interior, it looks too good!
My wife rarely remarks about any of my projects, but she came outside and said, "Wow! I did NOT expect it to look so good." And when she sat in it, she instantly liked it better than my standard seats. She even agreed to ride with my son in it for a 7-hour round trip to see family today. I'd say that's a win. Just wait til I get the AC back in it. She may want her own !!

Reactions: Huntingky

·
Dimples
4,674 Posts
I was once at a car show, looking at a Harvest Gold Corvette. Presently, there were four of us looking at the car, and as we got to talking, realized a) None of us owned the car, and b) ALL of us owned Harvest Gold Corvettes. Between us, represented FIVE HG Corvettes (including the absent owner). Amazing coincidence, considering they only made about 120 in this color. Rare is still rare, even when lightning strikes. Emberglo with Parchment interior is probably pretty rare. I've never seen one.
The friend I was talking to is way into late 50’s forward look mopars. He has an entirely different concept of what the word “rare” means. That just made it funnier.

Through that lens, it’s rare for any Mustang to be rare. :D

·
Dimples
4,674 Posts
The Emberglo cars aren't common at all. I just got lucky looking for a car for my son. His 66 Emberglo hardtop came with all Parchment interior and we just converted it to Emberglo and Parchment Deluxe / Pony. We LOVE it.
So good!

Emberglo is my favorite factory 66 color, so while not exactly rare, I personally would pay a little more for the right car in that color vs the same car in red or black. But I’m not sure how many people share that feeling with me.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
@BlakeTX I'm right there with you.
When I saw the car ad, thought it was too good to be true, and I still do. Rust-free cowl, pans and rails, very good driver quality paint, original 289 2V rebuilt, C4, power steering all with no leaks, and original dealer AC, the original Parchment interior all in place except the headliner, original wheels and covers, new-ish carpet and a box of weather stripping...and in Emberglo ? Are you kidding?! I had no idea I was actually going to stumble upon my son's favorite color in a car we didn't have to cut apart to restore! I video recorded when we surprised him with it. And he decided on the interior. The kid has good grades and good taste. Must be his Mom's side of the family !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts