Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have a 13/16" sway bar (GT type) and need to replace the bushings... my mechanic is doing this as I am abroad for work.

I can find 2 different styles of bushings on Jegss (they call A and B),main difference being the brackets dimensions and distance of the sway bar from the mouting bracket.

Energy Suspension 9-5157G Energy Suspension Universal Greaseable Sway Bar Bushings

Can someone check it out and tell me which style is correct? or provide a drawing with correct dimensions?

Many thanks

·
Registered
637 Posts
Which car?

The only real difference I can tell between the styles are the mounting holes, which ultimately affect the placement height of the sway bar (not that height makes any difference).

It wasn't plain to me what the material of the bushings were, which would be important to me. I'm not sure why they would need to be greased with a zerk fitting and how effective that fitting is in this application, but I'm no suspension guru.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The 13/16" is impossible to find. I found an oem set (possibly it was NOS) on ebay some time ago. They went for about $60.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts