Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, There are approximately 3000 chrome screws to put the folddown moldings back on after re-carpeting. Of those there are 2 that are somewhat different from the other 2998 in that they have a broader head (almost like an integrated washer look). Anyone know what position those go in?
Also,
Where did I put my accelerator pedal spring when I took this sucker apart 2 1/2 years ago? Thanks

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Didn't notice any difference when I replaced mine on the 65. I replaced them all as the old ones were all painted black and were is pretty sad shape, as was all the trim.
That spring though might be in my pile of spare parts., Check yours and see if you can find my interior , rear end cap. Thanx
Don

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Hmmmm. I took 3 of those fold downs apart to get one decent set of chrome trim and do not recall any of the screw heads being different.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Best bet would be to look it up in a '66 Body Assembly Manual. I'll bet that someone simply replaced two of the screws with whatever was on hand. Oh, its not the hairspring thats hard to find, its that little clip that goes over the end of the retaining screw...what a hassle to put it on... Both parts are readily available at Mustang shops...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts