Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
read post below and the person was looking for loc. of fuse box. made me think. anyone relocated this box. as we all know its in a terrible location. im going to be putting my underdash harness in next week or so. any thoughts. thanks as always.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
I'm going to replace my fusebox with aftermarket and relocate slightly so that it can pivot out from under the dash. Mines a restomod and I need some extra fuses. I'll also run a better main power wire.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
I had my 66 wiring harness out for about 2 or 3 months "repairing" it and the fuse box. I got cheap and put it back in, but now I wish I had got a newer type box (w/ spade fuses about $25.) from autozone or like and moved it to a better location. It would be pretty easy to do. I finally figured out to go ahead and do the best thing first and not have to redo stuff all the time! :p

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
IMHO it is not an easy task and it was probably pput there for a reason which is likely space. Have rewired many fighter jets and other aircraft and it ain't easy. looking at my '68 which is relatively out in open compared to your '66 it is still a bear. i can't see a bettter location for it. if you do change it i can't emphasis it enough - MARK EVERY WIRE and make sure you have at least Ford Shop Manual and Osborne Electrical Assembly Manual - both excellent references.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts