Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do to the Cobra valve covers I have on my 289. The choke tube for the 4100 4v Carb is about 1.5 inches short where it connects to the brass fitting on the carb. Anyone here ever make a custom choke tube?..... Any suggestions for making one? Can I use 5/16 brake line? How would I make the end tapered so it will fit into the hole on the exhast manifold?
Just looking for some ideas

Thanks in advance......

rich.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Pony Carbs sells a kit for fabbing up your own for use with a 4100 and headers. It's basically a length of aluminum tubing with the correct fiberglass sleeve cover, fittings to fit it to the carb, and a hose clamp to secure it to the headers......

That being said, I think they charge $25 for that, which is a ripoff. You could get the same stuff (less the fiberglass - you could use and insulating tape) from Home Depot's plumbing department for $5 or less.

Tip: if you go this way, buy a cheap tubing bender from Harbor Freight ($5) - it makes bending the tube much easier. And mock up your bends with a coathanger before bending your tube. This is what I did on the fastback. Good luck - Dickson

1 - 2 of 2 Posts