Vintage Mustang Forums banner

66 GT Firewall Entry

371 13
Fluid Automotive tire Gas Auto part Drinkware

So what goes through the firewall where I have the rubber plug (right above the wiring harness)?

If more detail is needed, let me know.

Allen
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,492 Posts
Yeah I think it is the single black wire for the single or dual speed wipers washer pump.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
My 65fb doesn't have that hole. My washer pump wire is where your, I am assuming grey fog light wire is. So yes probably your washer pump feed. kip

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, that's what it's for. Hole 25 in pictures below. I put a small hole in the center of that gromet and ran the wire through. But my car has a single speed wiper with only one wire going to the pump. I would like to see what Ford did.
Thanks for that. Confirms. I'm wondering if the aftermarket washer pump harness just has the wrong size grommet on it. I wonder if @Midlife would have just the washer pump harness (1 wire) for this application.

Allen

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Agitator
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
6,990 Posts
You needing this “correct” or just sealed? Lots of grommet kits for $10-15 to find a match.

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I think Charles Turner has the answer over at ConcoursMustang.com.

I have part of the wire (wasn't sure where it went) but I don't have the part that goes into the firewall (can't find it). Charles said it has a big grommet on it. Now to find one. I was at McGough's auro parts about and hour 45 minutes away yesterday and they have a 66 GT convertible in their boneyard. Trying to get up with the guy that helps me all the time to see if it has it still. Fingers crossed.

Allen

Twig Natural material Wire Jewellery Pattern

1 - 14 of 14 Posts