Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody tell me the correct location and type of fog light switch for a 66 GT with power conv top? I've read on here that the fog light switch is supposed to be next to the headlight/wiper switch, but on my car it's just the right of my power top switch, and is flat/rectangular type rocker switch.

Troy

G

·
0 Posts
I just happen to be at the stage in my restoration that deals with your question. I'm doing a frame off project so needless to say I have accumulated a significant number of reference documentation. None of it however gives a definetive answer to your question except that it is relatively clear that the switch is installed left of the steering wheel. By process of elimination I installed mine at in the only place that was left that was left of the steering wheel. It goes something like this:
The top row of instrument controls are Wiper Switch, Light Switch, Steering Wheel, Ignition Switch and Cigarette Lighter. The row of controls below are:
Beginning left of the Wiper Switch - Convertible Top Switch, Emergency Brake Warning Light, Fog Lamp Switch and Seat Belt Warning Light between the Ignition Switch and the Cigarette Lighter. The location of all of the above are well documented in the Ford literature except the exact location of the Fog light switch but as far as I'm concerned it can only go where I put it and still be left of the Steering Wheel.

Hope this helps - good luck

Dave Tostenson

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a pic of mine. Supposedly this car is factory GT. Can anybody tell me if my switches are in the correct place?

http://home.attbi.com/~tkruger4/mustang/switch.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Troy -

I found this 1965 GT K Code Convertable on and its still there as of right now. There are a lot of pics and one great one of the dash area and light switch. I even think it shows the flat knob you are talking about for the power top.

Hope it helps some.

If you cant get the pic shoot me an email I saved it to my hard drive.

http:// / /ws/ ? &item=1851176072

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts