Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The passenger side headlight is causing me big problems. First of all, the high beam did not function while the low beam did. I removed the headlight and retainer ring. However, the red wire broke away from the plastic headlight connector. How can I remove the metal insert from this plastic connector, and reattatch the red wire to the metal connector nad insert it back into the plastic connector. OR, do I have to buy a whole new headlight wiring assy? Please help.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
With a pair of needle nose pliers you should be able to pull out the metal connector from the plastic housing. Then slip the wire through the plastic housing, put a new connector on the broken wire, push it home and off you go.

Good Luck,

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
You could cheat and fix two problems at the same time. Use the Painless Wiring headlight relay kit. It only needs one fully functional connector and replaces both. This would also make it so that you can safely run halogen lights without having to worry about your headlight switch or dimmer switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts