Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't come up with anything using search.

The blue filters are discolored. Can they be replaced? Any known source? How about colored bulbs? What are the correct bulbs for the instrument panel and the rally-pack?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
I bought new ones for mine from NPD. They made a huge difference in visibility.

Sorry the bulb are number 1895, they are clear. NPD offers the bulb covers in a few colors, I kept the blue since I was going to keep the factory radio in the dash.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I opted to take the blue covers out of mine. Right now, I'm liking the white lights.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If they are just dirty, get some Blue magic plastic polish. Carefuly take off the lens by cutting the melted tab off the back side of the metal. I used the polish and my dremel tool with a felt wheel on it at slooooow speed and very light pressure (to much and you'll heat it up and disort the plastic). carefully clean and polish with the blue magic till the lens is clear again and they will look and function like new when done. Use some hot melt glue to reinstall to the metal panel. ::

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If they are just dirty, get some Blue magic plastic polish. Available at the auto parts store, autozone, DAP, etc. Carefuly take off the lens by cutting the melted tab off the back side of the metal. I used the polish and my dremel tool with a felt wheel on it at slooooow speed and very light pressure (to much and you'll heat it up and disort the plastic). carefully clean and polish with the blue magic till the lens is clear again and they will look and function like new when done. Use some hot melt glue to reinstall to the metal panel. ::

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If they are just dirty, get some Blue magic plastic polish. Available at the auto parts store, autozone, DAP, etc. Carefuly take off the lens by cutting the melted tab off the back side of the metal. I used the polish and my dremel tool with a felt wheel on it at slooooow speed and very light pressure (to much and you'll heat it up and disort the plastic). carefully clean and polish with the blue magic till the lens is clear again and they will look and function like new when done. Use some hot melt glue to reinstall to the metal panel. ::

·
Registered
23 Posts
You should be able to buy the blue lights at most mustang parts magazines. I took the blue bulbs out and the instrument cluster is a lot brighter. I am glad that I did it too. No body will know the difference unless they are in the car with you at night. The blue bulbs only serve one purpose of changing the lighting to green. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.