Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find out what the engine block color should be for my 66 GT K-Code. I can't seem to locate the information on when the color shifted from Black to Ford Blue. My car was built at the San Jose plant os February 10th.

Anyone have any idea or know where a good place to look would be to find out this info?

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
The change from black to blue occurred with the beginning of 66' production iirc. The question would then be which blue? There was an early blue, and then there was a change to Corporate Blue at some point (similar, but not the same). I'm sure one of the concours' experts here will be along to help you nail it down.
Nice to have a K to fret over I imagine. :smile2:

·
Registered
853 Posts
The change from black to blue occurred with the beginning of 66' production iirc. The question would then be which blue? There was an early blue, and then there was a change to Corporate Blue at some point (similar, but not the same). I'm sure one of the concours' experts here will be along to help you nail it down.
Nice to have a K to fret over I imagine. :smile2:
that early blue he refers to was used only on 64 1/2 260 engines for valve covers & air cleaners. blocks were still black. your engine would have been the corporate blue. for a more info check over here too. ConcoursMustang Forums - Index

·
Spammer Hammer
9,552 Posts
I can't speak to the accuracy of concours, but I am very pleased with the looks of the Eastwood 2K Aerospray. Recently refreshed the engine in my '66 GT...with what I believe to be 235K or 335K miles.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, this is the third forum that has confirmed the blue, so moving forward with it. I just wanted to make double sure since I only want to do this once :)

I'll be sure to post some picture as the project gets closer to completion, it's a sweet car...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts