Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this lower clutch, z bar to clutch fork, get installed with a plastic bushing at the z bar? I notice the end hole isn't even round. Its deformed and not like I would have expected from normal use.

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
That end looks normal to me with some wear; here's a reproduction.

So the eyelet isn't supposed to be totally round. No bushings either; just washers on either side.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’ll have second using a rod end. I used Opentracker’s roller set up for my T5 and it’s smooth as silk and wicked rugged, no worries about that stuff bending.

·
Registered
34,248 Posts
Does this lower clutch, z bar to clutch fork, get installed with a plastic bushing at the z bar? I notice the end hole isn't even round. Its deformed and not like I would have expected from normal use.
I have zero expectation for the appearance. The part in the rectangle is home made.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have zero expectation for the appearance. The part in the rectangle is home made.
View attachment 741717
Is that so? I want to get this car on the road so reinstalled it today. I think I'll look for a replacement when I get a chance. I was a bit suspicious since it looked a lot like a pipe coupling. Thanks

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I thought its a good idea. I happened to have a some thin plastic bushings leftover from something, greased them up and used them on both ends of the z-bar along a new rod. There was enough sloppy pounding with the old one the D-hole was oblong.

·
Registered
34,248 Posts
The hole is ment to be like an oversized D. Fords clever design on a simple low friction "rod end" connection.
That's right. The pin on the equalizer is intended to roll on the flat face of the D, held steady with "wavy washers".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts