Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 1/2 D Code Coupe,
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale, I have a 1966 Mustang frame with a untouched 289 w/C4 transmission, 2.80 rear end complete on a rolling chassis, no steering with a clear title. The engine turns over, the carb is gummed up so it won't start and there is no apparent oil, transmission, or axle leakage. The engine oil is clean. Mechanically the car appears to have been serviced. The car is a hull, with no glass except a cracked windshield. The fame is good from the shock towers rearward. It has a gas tank that looks like it was replaced and the trunk floor is fine. The rest of the body is shot. Hood,doors, fenders, trunk lid are rusted. The single exhaust system seems fine. Grill, bumpers, glass will be removed prior to sale at my discretion.

I did a compression test all cylinders except for No. 5 Cylinder had about 130 lbs of compression. Number 5 had only 90 lbs. I only checked the compression when the engine was cold. I did start the engine a couple of times and ran it for about 30 seconds each time because there is no radiator.. It sounded OK, no knocks or taps and it didn't blow smoke. But the engine has sat for along time.

Would be ideal for someone looking to make a I6 to V8 conversion.

Asking $800 with clear title.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,661 Posts

Is the car still available??
Where exactly are you and can it be see if available??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts