Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used one of these fiberglass consoles? Let’s see your non factory console!
D61A34CB-FF41-4542-B097-09B9F9584BDA.jpeg

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Up until I spliced in a S197 tunnel, I was planning on using a 73 Capri console:

I liked it because it was nice and low profile, but with armrest, center mounted e-brake and the front curved to meet the factory dash...much better than all the straight angle consoles. Now that my tunnel is modified though, I am stuck building something custom.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Up until I spliced in a S197 tunnel, I was planning on using a 73 Capri console:

I liked it because it was nice and low profile, but with armrest, center mounted e-brake and the front curved to meet the factory dash...much better than all the straight angle consoles. Now that my tunnel is modified though, I am stuck building something custom.
That Capri console looked to be a good option. Sucks you’re not using it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
That Capri console looked to be a good option. Sucks you’re not using it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wish I could, but the tunnel ended up about 3 inches higher after all was said and done...which would force me to chop the arm rest down if I was going to use it...and I am just not willing to cut up a rather rare piece.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I have one of his consoles, originally marketed for a brand X car, but fits mine. The fiberglass is smooth, no divots or anything, but you will have to design your own mounting. The one I bought comes without a shifter hole or anything. I bought it because I needed somewhere to mount window switches and a few other electrical accessories and I wanted something a little different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts