Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Mustang
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to sort out what direction I want my dash to go. I'd really like a tach and speedo on the dash, and I've seen the dual function gauges that are pretty nice. Searching around online I found the 65-66 R model GT350 dash looks to have two individual gauges on the dash. Will this fit direct into a standard 66 dash? Or what have you guys done with your dashes? Looking for some inspiration here. Pictures are appreciated!

·
Registered
222 Posts
There’s a number of threads on the subject. Here’s the one I started last year.

A lot of recommendations for the 6 gauge dash with pics. There’s a number of 5 and 6 gauge packages available on line. I’m still leaning towards the 5 with a separate tach on top of the dash, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

·
Premium Member
6,119 Posts
I like the period-correct stuff like a Rally Pac with GT gauges, a Shelby 6 gauge bezel, or a Shelby 2 gauge pod on top...or D) all the above if you have enough gauges haha

Reactions: cturboaddict

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a six-gauge dash with Autometer in my 66, a real cheap one that was pretty flimsy before adding a sheet of project wood behind. I also went with a GPS speedometer.
I think the Hye-Po setup is the only one that allows for the original 66 dash having the dimple for the speedo. All the others look to be straight across the bottom so a little gap shows there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
I have a plastic panel. I originally bought the R model metal panel and hated the look and fit. Back when I built the car, there were no other options.

Mark

·
Registered
66 Mustang
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a plastic panel. I originally bought the R model metal panel and hated the look and fit. Back when I built the car, there were no other options.

Mark
I actually dig that alot man.

·
Registered
510 Posts
When I rewired my 66FB, I wanted a 4 gauge bezel which I could not find so I fabricated one. Took two nasty looking 66 bezels, cut them apart and made one 4 gauge bezel. I use a 3 gauge bezel in place of the dash speaker grille (no, I don;t have a radio). I used Classic Instruments gauges with the LED option, looks awsome at night. Took almost 8 months to finish but I think it came out pretty nice. So if you cannot find what you want, take a chance and make your own.
Russ_Gauges2.jpg

·
Registered
66 Mustang
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm really just wanting a 6 gauge (or a 5 gauge with integrated tachometer), which seem to be available after searching. Just looking to find the best route. I don't need a monster tach anywhere, and I like a clean simple dash.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Totally personal preference, but I still can't like the 6 gauge enough to go that route.. Hard to beat the Dakota Digitals.. the RTX has the stock look but has the LED bar tach. That said, I'm thinking the Hyepo.com with the Marshall are what I might end up with... but still looking around to see whats out there.

·
Registered
66 Mustang
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Totally personal preference, but I still can't like the 6 gauge enough to go that route.. Hard to beat the Dakota Digitals.. the RTX has the stock look but has the LED bar tach. That said, I'm thinking the Hyepo.com with the Marshall are what I might end up with... but still looking around to see whats out there.
Spoke with him via email today. Like what hes got for sure

·
Premium Member
6,119 Posts
20191231_235822.jpg

Reactions: cturboaddict
1 - 12 of 12 Posts