Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 66 coupe that was built on Sept 65 so early 66 model.

As I have posted before I have some damage to my front driver side and my frame is a little bent. While trying to work out how bad it is I found the 64-66 frame measurement sheet and started checking.

Can someone confirm the front frame rails should be 30" center to center from the rear of the rail all the way to the front?

Thanks
Stephen

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also can anyone give me the measurement from the enter most shock bolts? From the top of the shock towers?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yup that whole assm should be 30" center to center hole. Also make sure to check front floor support to rear frame rails. That measurement is 54 3/8 IF you have TWO holes in the rear frame rail. If you have ONE like my 66 does that measurement is 59 1/8

I have yet to find a comprehensive drawing of measurements. You have to use drawings from several years to piece in what isn't in the ones for your year. Sorry I don't have shock tower measurements but I do have two new ones on the way.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
This should help with some of the measurements....

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.

I'm going to try and get my frame and shock towers back closer to where they should be. Looks like my frame is very close to being right maybe 1/4" off but my shock tower has moved so my motor mount is in the wrong place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts