Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of bringing back to life a 1966 Mustang Convertible w/Pony Interior. The car is primered and blocked sanded and will be ready for paint in a couple of weeks. The exterior color is going to be factory Candy Apple Red and the interior is going to be 1966 red. My question is what color of red and finish (flat, gloss, semi-gloss, matte) are the metal interior surfaces painted (dash board, inside metal door surfaces). Of the pictures of cars that I have seen it seem like the finish is matte and the interior color is more of a maroon than a candy apple red. I am referencing very detailed pictures on the MyRod web site inventory page 5 of a 1966 Mustang Convertible GT

This is a labor of love with an emphasis on money, time, labor and research to get it correct.
Thank you in advance
Ken Jordan

·
Premium Member
8,233 Posts
The A pillars, metal part of the dash, the metal door interior, and interior quarter panels were originally painted with a semi-gloss lacquer paint, a shade duller to help reduce glare. NPD or Virginia Classic Mustang will have rattle cans that will do the job.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The 1966 and 1967 red interior paint color is Ditzler 71541 red poly. It has a very mild iridescent quality. The finish has only a slight shine and may look matte at times. I would describe it as satin but your paint supplier might call it semi-gloss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts