Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Anyone know why none of the big Mustang parts suppliers carry a new starter for a 66 mustang 6 cylinder automatic ? Looking for one for my project. Anyone know where i can get a new one or a good core i can get rebuit ?

·
Registered
9,041 Posts
Hi. Anyone know why none of the big Mustang parts suppliers carry a new starter for a 66 mustang 6 cylinder automatic ? Looking for one for my project. Anyone know where i can get a new one or a good core i can get rebuit ?
Don't know what you're even talking about... You can buy them rebuilt everywhere.... You need a 3-Bolt/3-hole Starter for '66 6cyl- Automatic. (C4 Transmission)

Rockauto, NPD, Summit, Jegs...Just to name a few....

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
37,714 Posts

·
Registered
64 1/2 D Code Coupe,
3,355 Posts
I got the starter for my wife's 65 Vert with an I6 200 w/ C4 from Autozone, lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know what you're even talking about... You can buy them rebuilt everywhere.... You need a 3-Bolt/3-hole Starter for '66 6cyl- Automatic. (C4 Transmission)

Rockauto, NPD, Summit, Jegs...Just to name a few....

:eek:)

Tony K.
Not true . Mine takes a 2 bolt .None of the early mustangs 6 cylinder take a 3 bolt stlye .

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the starter for my wife's 65 Vert with an I6 200 w/ C4 from Autozone, lifetime warranty.
Hi. How can that be correct ? Mine takes a 2 bolt stlye starter , all the early mustangs i have seen take 2 bolt style ?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
2 bolt on a 200? Do you have any pictures?

This is my 67 200 automatic. There are definitely 3 bolts there.

and since I managed to find a clear pic, here's what my 67's bell housing looks like showing the three mounting holes:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
About finished with my 66 I6 to V8 with a C4 conversion, have a 200 six starter that was working fine when I pulled the six, you are more than welcome to have it. Let me know, can provide pics, send me a message.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts