Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, how hard are these things to find? I just brought home the SWMBO's conv. last night, and we noticed that that the rear seat was replaced with a coup seat that won't fit. Can these be modified to fit? Bought new?

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
They can be found fairly easy, I've seen a couple over in the classifieds section here, but be prepared to pay a little more than you normally would for a coupe seat. I've seen them go for around $150 +/-

·
Registered
404 Posts
The seat bottoms are not difficult to modify. I used my old seat as the pattern and did a couple of cuts and rewelded the frame to fit.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Modifying the seat back from a coupe frame was fairly straight forward; there is a rigid wire that defines the depth of the coup seat. In a 'vert it's pinched to join the rear. otherwise, the seat components are assembled essentially the same, just more narrow. I had to make my own rear seat as well, but I didn't had the ability to make the bottom curve in more than the coupe, so I had to buy one. Keep in mind you at least have the 64-68 frames to choose from... not that will make it any easier...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts