Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered 66 belts and headrests from Custom Accessories. I told the order taker I had a 66 red interior and she said they have dark red and maroon. Well the dash pad is maroon(burgandy?) so I ordered maroon thinking it would match the seats, wrong!!!! My interior color is #25 red (which looks like a dark red) and no maroon is offered so why is this an option. I think my color is dark red.

I might get the duffis award because the headrests are custom made in the wrong #$%^& color! The belts can be returned and the dark red color shipped.

Does anybody have some pictures of 66 red and 65 red interiors so I can compare with mine and try and get the right color belts.

Black is a much easier color to work with.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Funny, I never had problems finding the correct black interior bits!

·
Registered
391 Posts
#25 red in 66 is different that 65. Yes, it's odd, but the dash pad is maroon. The seats, door panels, and carpet are red.

You should have gotten the dark red headrests. Try dyeing them. Since they are in a position to get little wear, you will probably be ok.

I'll email some pics of my interior.

Good luck,

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The "Duffis Award" is for mistakes done on your mustang. It is regularly passed around on this board.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
The seat belts you need are dark red (not maroon).
Nothing on a '66 red interior matches exactly, the dash is indeed maroon, the door panels and kick panels are usually a pretty close match in dark red, and the seats are close to these colors, but slightly darker (probably because of the material difference)
The headliner is a dark red (different from the seats), and the carpet is more of a crimson color.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info on the colors. Custom Accessories is going to exchange the belts and headrests this week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts