Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive tire Wood Naval architecture Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Wood Composite material Automotive wheel system Tread

White Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Gas

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Various stages of body work. I learned to MIG weld by installing the floor pans. They are solidly attached but my welding skills are poor. There aren't enough grinding discs in the world to fix it so somoe fiber reinforced body filler goes over the top. It's my project and for me. I found it entertaining and learned some new skills. OK the craftsmanship is bad but it's for me so I'm just moving along. I was much better by the time I installed a patch on the rear left quarter and I installed a complete new rear right quarter. Also, has new surround panels in the trunk and gas tank. Oh BTW mini tubbed by 2 1/2" and narrowed the frame rails. That part was welded by a retired Union Iron Worker. Not show yet is a narrowed 8.8 rear end out of an Explorer (did that too), an eBay 3 link and a front IFS. I'll take some pictures of those and post later.
Wood Engineering Composite material Machine Building material

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Off the rotesserie and on the ground. Wheels from a late model Mustang.The rear wheels will be widened to accept 325 x 19 tires. I painted the underside with epoxy and red tinted bedliner. I also painted the interior floor with the same bedliner (Raptor). It covers a few of my mistakes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Comfort Wood Flooring Hardwood Armrest
Honda Civic seats for the Mustang. Wife recovered them in pleather with a new upholstery machine I bought for the project. We need to add a little foam here and there to completely have them fit snug. Look awesome either way. Really a shout out to her because she absolutely hates my shop projects but I'm proud to say she contributed.

·
Registered
485 Posts
That is coming along nicely.
Much respect for a guy who does something he's never done before, for the challenge and opportunity to learn something new, and having the good fortune to have a wife who shares the passion.
It will be awesome when done !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts