Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to Purchase a set of the aluminum side moldings for my standard buckets. Now that they are sporting new upholstery, it doesn't seem right to put the old scratched up ones back on.

Is there different manufactuers of these? If so who makes the best (Quality) ones?

Also what would be a fair price to pay for a set of NOS ones if I could find any for sale?

thanks!

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a couple of deep scratches in them that I don't think will buff out, otherwise I probably would. I just didn't know if these are like other repo parts, where more than one manufactuer makes them, and some are better than others?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
There are a couple of different manufactures that I'm aware of. My supplier just started making them in new dies. I haven't seen any yet but am told they are very good. Once again, not trying to sell them to you, just letting you know that the good ones are out there.

These things are made from aluminum. You would be amazed at what you can do to restore aluminum sheetmetal. If I have something that has deeper scratches then I'd want to sand out by hand I literly grab my DA with 320 and sand them out. Then go over it with 400 wet in the sink and polish on a buffer. They will come out brillient, much better then original.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts