Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering violating my own rule of limiting modifications to "stealth" types, and was wondering about people's impressions of the Shelby quarter windows.

Are they worth the expense and trouble? Do they leak? Does elimination of the Flow-Thru Ventilation adversely affect the car? Do they significantly improve visibility? Are they difficult to install?

What has been your experience?

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Glenn - I just love the way they look. My greatest concern would be that you have to cut the opening, and thus it's an irreversible mod.

Like the man says, it's your car - do what makes you happy.

I've never heard of leaks, though. Dickson

BTW, nice of you to pass along the trunk rod brace. Thanks

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Glen I love the look, there a pain in the you know what to put in the kit dosn't fit well but no problem with leak, just not finished up nicely inside but the originals are the same way. I think Kory wrote up a good post on his trial and tribulations of installing might do a search or contact him directly.

Mine were already in when I purchased car and will lessen air flow but hell they do look GREAT.

Mark

·
Registered
332 Posts
THEY LEAK! I have mine in my clone and the first time I washed the car, it leaked. The other problem is that the fiberglass inserts don't fit exactly, so you had to do some "mods" to make it fit right. They were a PITA to install, but if someone knows what their doing (unlike myself), then I'm sure it isn't that bad.
It is worth it in the long run because not many people take the time to do it. As far visibility, anything will help, but that wasn't the reason I installed mine. The bottom line is that I'd do it again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts