Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at a guys 66 Shelby clone fastback today. Its not mine. Its blue with dual gold race stripes, very nice 289, 4 spd with councel, R apron, Shelby gas cap, vint race type rims, lowered, and is in great shape. Its being sold closed sealed bid by 9AM on Friday morn. Its in Bellevue Nebraska, south of Omaha. There is only 9 bids as of now!!! Somebody is going to get a great deal. E mail me for location. This guy owns a storage unit, and hes selling the entire contents of a delinquent renter. All the papers for the title come with the car. Everything is legal. It will be sold to the highest sealed bidder no matter what. :p

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know...it was in a very odd part of the classifieds under public notices. The cars worth about 10k to 12K. I will find out the winning bid today.

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Dang. I would have liked to have seen that one... let us know what it sold for so we can comiserate together!

-bob

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob, and all....It sold for $5000. Im so sick about it, Im going to drink alot of beer to help me forget. The car is awsome, wash 5 years of dust off, and detail it alittle, and it could be shown. It had no rust or bondo either.
Dam it anyhow... ::

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
I wish somebody would have pm'd me or I had seen this sooner. Tha's like 10 minutes away. :p

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, I watched for you on the who's on line mode, I didnt know how to get a hold of you. Sorry...I really wanted someone local or on this site to get it. Are you interested in a 65 K code convert for $2500 in Omaha that dose not have a motor or trans???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mike,

I bet the person who bought that car cleans it up and sells it for twice what he paid for it just to make a buck. Watch your local want adds. That hurts seeing what the winning (high) bid was.

Clay

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought about finding out the guys name and asking him to join the VMF. The guy selling the contents off said he told his body shop friend about the car, and he come down and put a bid on it for his 16 year old son to drive. That would be very cool. But I always watch the adds and it will be interesting to see if it shows up. What would you do? Sell it and make some good money or just plain enjoy it and brag about how much you gave for it?

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The guy told me the convert has all the rust they all get. Sounded like it needs a bunch. I have seen his other stangs he had for sale and he was high on them so a K code vert for $2500 must really be rusty.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Bummer. I'm going to have to work at forgetting about this one. :( Truthfully I considered contacting you and giving a 7k bid simply from the info you gave me. I figured it would have to be a mess to go wrong with a bid like that. Man that sucks. I better not even tell SWMBO, the's looking to build a 66 clone.

Let us know if you see it surface later.

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Email me for name and info if your still interested after seeing the pic.
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL62/770052/1890340/31848857.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts