Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just how rare are these wheels? Not sure rarity should always equate to big bucks, although this may be one of them. Opinions?

Item # 1846025945

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
First of all, they are not 1966 Shelby wheels. They are 10-spoke wheels used on some '67 and '68 Shelbys. Also they are not original (as shipped on the car) wheels, but a set of over the country Shelby wheels. Also, original 10-spokes do not have any black paint on them. Are they rare? By virtue of being NOS, yes they are rare. I'd be surprized to see them close at over $1600. I'm ofter surprized.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not only what JK stated, but these wheels really aren't original era 10-spokes. These look like reproduction 10- spokes in Shelby boxes...not even close to the S7MS and S8MS 10-spokes. The boxes may say Carroll Shelby, but I am willing to bet these are 80s or 90s production era takeoffs.

Notice the sellers feedback is private and the auction is private. He's hiding something and I would stay away from this character.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Saturday, July 27, 2002 9:11 AM
Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #1846025945

The reason for my private auction and feedback is for two reasons.
1. Because other sellers try to email my bidders and offer them their own cars for sale.
2. Is because rejects that have no life, sit in front of the computer all day and give false information to my bidders. For example, those wheels are absolutely original Shelby wheels but someone who thinks they know something and has nothing else to do in life, may tell potential bidders that they're not original, so this is why my auctions and feedbacks are private.
* So if you have any other questions about and item you don't even want to buy in the first place, I'll be glad to answer them.

Best Wishes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts