Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
Well, the T5 is rare, because it was sold only in West Germany. It was called the T5 because Ford was too cheap to pay the reported few thousand bucks to use the name Mustang in W Germany, because it was already in use. "T5" was the Mustang project designation.

Interesting, but not significantly more valuable than a standard Mustang.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Well, the T5 is rare, because it was sold only in West Germany. It was called the T5 because Ford was too cheap to pay the reported few thousand bucks to use the name Mustang in W Germany, because it was already in use. "T5" was the Mustang project designation.

Interesting, but not significantly more valuable than a standard Mustang.
I totally agree.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
More proof that rare does not always equal valuable. I might pay 10% more for a T-5 if it had all the items on it (badges, km/hr speedo, or what have you) that make it different from a domestic coupe in the same condition. But unless it was car number 210 I don't see it being worth more than that.

MrFreeze

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
If it has all of its original badges and original 200 k/mph Speedo, and original Vin plate (yes, Special extra plate on the shock tower), You may have something. If you can produce original paperwork, You'll be golden. They are rare..

Tony K.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If it has all of its original badges and original 200 k/mph Speedo, and original Vin plate (yes, Special extra plate on the shock tower), You may have something. If you can produce original paperwork, You'll be golden. They are rare..
Tony K.
Hello,
even in Europe it is very rare.
The T5s of a friend : FORDT5's blog - FORD T5 "mustang" 1965 - Skyrock.com

Have Some T5 with the Km/h Speedo (T5s) because the buyer was a German, not a U.S. Military

1 - 6 of 6 Posts