Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1281 - 1299 of 1299 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
That 69 has a bad camber problem!

Mark
You can never have enough negative camber!

36 years framing houses and I've hunt down a finger or 2 to put in the cooler for the emergency room. Fortunately not mine! I won't recall my own ER visits. You will be fine Allen! My last year in the field I witnessed a 16P nail directly into the knee flush with the surface of the skin via a nail gun. No blood, lots of screaming.

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,707 Posts
Pretty close, except you have a lot more fan. “Seems” like you’d be fine emulating him if you can slow them big blades down a bit.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,284
Pretty close, except you have a lot more fan. “Seems” like you’d be fine emulating him if you can slow them big blades down a bit.
I need to start looking at pulley ratios. The fan has a 13" pulley which in my opinion will help greatly. I can just use a small pulley on the motor and it should slow it down considerably.

The thing I'm reading on that website is that you don't want to create a wind tunnel...

Allen

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I think with pulley sizes you should have lots of options.

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
759 Posts
Will you just be doing drywall on the inside? Or some type of plastic paneling?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Painting it white I assume. I think some Vintage Burgundy accents would look nice, and be an homage to me and Patrick. Win/win.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,292

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
759 Posts
Good looking stuff. Expensive though. I wouldn't mind having the back wall permanent and somehow have the side walls and front wall/doors removable so I wouldn't lose all that space when I'm not using the room for painting. That would be much lighter than drywall would be for such a purpose...

Allen
They also make strips that go between the two panels for a more finished look!

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,294 (Edited)

Got the work bench top framed out...My question is what should I make the height of the opening for the air to draw through as illustrated in the next picture (the bench is 38" from the floor to the top)?

Allen

EDIT: I meant to also ask, does anyone know of a good solution to make modular walls (like 4' x 8' sections) that I could put up when needing the booth then take down and store? I figure a 4' x 8' section with drywall is ~100lbs.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,295

These panels look like they would do the job. Not sure of the cost.

Allen

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,065 Posts
I was thinking you were just building a temporary booth. That's why I couldn't figure out why you wanted to go through that much trouble of hiring a learned consultant like @Russtang. I'm seeing the big plan. You do nice work, when you do it. (y)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
1281 - 1299 of 1299 Posts