Vintage Mustang Forums banner

341 - 360 of 671 Posts

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
So, I've been looking ahead and I have compiled a few questions that maybe some of you can help me with. I've done a search, and yes, some of them have been asked before, but thought maybe a compilation here will do some good. Feel free to respond to the following:

1. What's the largest wheels and tires I can run on my Mustang?

Feel free to answer or add any questions to my list...>:):grin2::shrug::pirate::yoho:

Allen

You’re psychic dude

Mark

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #348 (Edited)
Cleaned up the intake today. I bought this used and had some free time, so decided to polish on it.

No new pictures on the rear end. Still waiting on parts.

Allen

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Great thread Allen, just finished going through it. Been awhile for me, are you on the circle in Dothan? Would sure like to stop in and see your rides, and possibly get some ideas. I'm in Daleville/Lee

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
Got the Del-A-Lum bushings into the frame on each side. Also drilled and tapped for the grease fittings. In full disclosure, I got the angle wrong on one of the fittings so I will have to find a long 90* fitting. I had pre-lubed all the fittings, so no big deal at the moment.

I went ahead and installed the springs and rear and I'm still waiting on the rear brakes.
@silverblueBP Doesn't that center section on the rear end look nice? :wink:

Allen

Attachments

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
Great thread Allen, just finished going through it. Been awhile for me, are you on the circle in Dothan? Would sure like to stop in and see your rides, and possibly get some ideas. I'm in Daleville/Lee
Hey Lee, I hope all is well and Merry Christmas.

I can throw a rock and hit the circle. I'm on the road between Action GMC and Signs ETC right past 431N coming from the West side of town. I'm the next to the last building on the left. I'm in and out quite a bit, but let me know when you're going to be over this way and I'll show you the two cars...

Allen

·
Super Moderator
8,894 Posts

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #360
Like new!!
I couldn't believe the job that steel wool did. I did blast the intake with the fine black material you can get at Harbor Freight. Then I tried everything from oven cleaner to aluminum cleaner. the wool did the polishing trick.

Allen

341 - 360 of 671 Posts