Vintage Mustang Forums banner

601 - 620 of 671 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #607
Nice job Al, I've been wondering if you were making some progress but then remembered you have 3 projects on the go. I'd say you are a very busy man.
Hey Brian, hope all is well. As you know the GT is in paint (haven't heard from my painter in a while so I might check in with him) so no way to do anything to it, the '69 needs an engine so I will probably build it next and I'm just gathering bits and pieces for this car as I build the engine. I had a bit of a set back on the block so it's taken a little longer than expected.

Hopefully I can finish out this engine and get it dyno'd in the near future.

Allen

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #616
PS-thoroughly enjoyed reading the build thread so far. Get that engine done!! 😂
Glad you have enjoyed reading it. We tend to get a little off track :p sometimes, but have fun nonetheless.

I saw where Mark had asked you where you live. Where you are you shouldn't have any problem finding some guys/girls that are into the vintage racing scene. I think there are actually some on this forum from the San Francisco area (by the way my son, daughter in law and grandson live in San Mateo).

On the engine, I'm trying to finish it up. I still have a bunch to do on the car as well, but I'll get there!!

Feel free to make any suggestions or offer any advice you may have as well. I've been very surprised at how well these vintage race guys are willing to welcome anyone in and make them feel part of the group. Glad to have you join in!!

Allen

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #617 (Edited)
Getting my valve covers done. I ordered Jegs part #52231 vented -12AN fittings and need #52230 -10AN fittings. This is a good alternative to welding in fittings.

Also got in my flywheel, Centerforce #CTF-900232 (0 balanced) .

Going to Barber Motorsports Park with Patrick always gets me motivated...

Allen

PS, the valve covers are NPD #6582-22B .

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #619
Glad I can help you spend money since you’re such a huge help to me at the track. Although I’m certain my wife’s lovely humor is worth the trip. 🤣🤣🤣
You know I love Holly's humor! My favorite this weekend was, "Why the HELL do you think you're here Allen? If he dies on the track I need a witness for the insurance money because everyone will think I killed him!!" :p :unsure:

Allen

601 - 620 of 671 Posts