Vintage Mustang Forums banner

661 - 673 of 673 Posts

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #661

Got the other two minilites in today...took them to the tire shop and will pick them up tomorrow morning.

Arning drop done and I will now finish off the paint that the stitch welding in the engine bay took off.

The Grab a Track 620 1" drop springs came in also.

I admit I show these pictures to Mark and Patrick way before I get to update my build thread and I usually get (like from @silverblueBP today), "No adjustable strut rods?" With these two guys, you never get any rest!! Keep pushing brothers, I'm trying to get there!!

Allen

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #667

The repop fender to the original door on the drivers side is not too bad ( I need to lift the door a bit).

The repop door to the original fender is not too bad on the passengers side (I need to fix a little rust on the original fender).

The repop fender to the repop door on the passenger side looks like a mules ass sewn up with bob-wire.

I don't think this need explanation, however, you can see the top of the door and the top of the fender are about to touch and the gap is WAY too big. Horrible.

Allen

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #670

Picked up the other 2 wheels and tires this morning.

You can see the 69 peeking at the 66 :LOL: . I'm straight torn between trying to fix the original fenders and using the repops.

With the repop.

I've been watching BJ auctions, I'm thinking since this machine has turned into a roller, I may be able to make a dollar...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Allen

Attachments

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #672
It's been over a week since my last update. So...

I talked to Luke at Siebert Performance and the carburetor should be completed the first week in February. In real talk, what that means is, no more excuses once I have the carburetor. So today I put together a Summit order for some of the final pieces to get me to the dyno. Leaning heavily on my two go to guys Mark and Patrick. Going to use the same dyno that Patrick used so he knows the ropes of that shop. I'm going to use his fuel and jet kit too if needed (shhh, I'll act like I didn't know I needed them).

The anxiety will begin to grow once the carburetor is on, the oil is in, the motor is ready to transport and the date is set (really hoping in February).

Mark suggested a cooling system pressure test. I have a tester and that's a great idea. Going to get that done this week...

Patrick doesn't know it yet, but the drinks are on me when done. Wish Mark were there to (well, if it all goes well and I wouldn't have to buy him drinks ;) ).

I had a thread about horsepower and torque on this engine that I will dig back up as well.

Allen

661 - 673 of 673 Posts