Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found it. And its sweet. I tell you it was well worth the drive, other than the $175.oo speeding ticket. Wait till you see the pictures. Yes this 1966 Mustang has a "FACTORY TILT- WHEEL" . It was the most exciting moment of my life. This car is totally cool. Where to start. The car is, and this is what it's called on the factory build sheet, "Tahoe torquoise metalic" color, with int code "67" which is Aqua & White deluxe , man the option list is massive. You name it this car has it. The total price for this car in 66 was $4378.oo and was delivered to FOGG MOTORS up in western Canada. By the way they were the western Canadian Shelby/Ford dealer. The guy wasn't kidding when he said it was buried in boxes and stuff. It took close to an hour just to get a good look into the interior to see if it actually had a tilt wheel. It works the same way as the newer cars, pushing on the turn signal, which also has the cruise on/off switch , but there also has another part of the cruise on the lower part of the dash. The interior is not that bad of shape, signs of wear, the exterior paint is in quite good shape and there is no rust or body damage. The vinyl top is like new, it even has "Landau" bars with a small horse emblem on them. The mileage shows 37429.7 and I think it's true. The head lites are even "Ford" script. Unfortunatly the fellow in Kelowna kind of new he had something special, I had to shell out over $12500.oo Can for the car. That work out to about $7000.oo US. But you know what. It was worth it. The battery is still the original, deader than a doorknob though. Dual red stripe tires don't even look that bad. Weather- checked. Under the hood is in need of some detailing, it has a monte-carlo bar, but other than that, it's stock. All the paper work for the car is there, from the original window sticker, dealer order papers, owners manual, brochure, sales papers, work orders, and even a couple of mailed out recall notices were in the clove box. Did any off you guys know that 66 cars were recalled for an exhaust hanger and also for a power steering seal leak. If any one wants to see or talk to me about this car phone me at 1-604-april fools. LOL.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
That sounds better than my Shelby find.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that I take a closer look at the photos , I think this Shelby has a tilt column as well.
Boy o boy how lucky can 2 guys get and both on the same day !!
Tell you what I'll swap my Shelby for your coupe with the tilt column.
DEAL?

If in doubt give it a clout
If at first you don't succeed , find a bigger hammer
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/view?u=1584152&a=12055089&p=43600042.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You two are bad!!!

Drew
66' 289 2v, C-4, bench and a/c
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1594736&a=12147274&p=44139589.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HeHeHeHeHeHeHeHe---- Sorry guys, I just couldn't help myself. It's nice to dream though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts