Vintage Mustang Forums banner

66 tire information sticker

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Bailbondsman 
#1 ·
In my glove compartment, 66 coupe, deluxe pony interior, where would the sticker go that tells the information about proper tire size and inflation information ? I did not take any pictures of the old glove compartment insert and I want to be absolutely correct on the new one!

Many thanks !

Johnny Knowles

G
#4 ·
From the MCA rulebook:

Tire Pressure Decal: 65 - may or may not have decal. 66 - in glove box on back left corner or on inside of glove box door. 65-66 - Red Line tires must have Red Line decal on glove box door. T5 may have MUSTANG deleted.

#5 ·
CharlesTurner said:
From the MCA rulebook:

Tire Pressure Decal: 65 - may or may not have decal. 66 - in glove box on back left corner or on inside of glove box door. 65-66 - Red Line tires must have Red Line decal on glove box door. T5 may have MUSTANG deleted.
If I have the emerg flasher switch mounted on the left side won't it cover up the sticker?

#6 ·
Thanks Charles, I had seen the stickers in both spots and was not sure which was right, so I guess either spot is corect.

On a different note, what about the sticker on the dryer on the condenser ??? There was a Ford product sticker on mine, and I am sure that it went on the end by the hose, but I do not recall if the sticker was horizontal or vertical ?? How about this question ???? And I bet you will tell me to always take pictures, which I hope I never have to do again ! When this one is over, I am POOPED!

#10 ·
My old '65 had it mounted on the left...but all my '66's (I had 5 previously)had it mounted directly in the center.. probably because like someone said... In '66 ...All cars came with Emergency Flashers... And if you mounted it all the way over to the left...You really can't see it (BEING THE DECAL) because the emergency flasher and its wiring are directly in the way...so on a '66, The center makes more sense...common logic... but I would have to agree on a '65.. They are probably found more on the left...those cars without emergency flashers that is...At least here on the east coast...

Tony Kovar
1966 Sprint 200 Convertible

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.