Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I am a young owner of two 66 mustangs: a silverfrost 6cyl coupe and a vintage burgandy 289 convertible. Im currently working on the coupe while the convertible is getting painted. anyways, im planning on keeping the original exterior color of the convertible but i want to do something to make the interior stand out. Its originally black vinyl but i was thinking of either completely changing the whole thing to parchment or simply keep the interior black with leather upholstery. Also, i was wondering what color top i should get. I was thinking of maybe a tan ragtop with either interior choice. What do you guys think of my ideas. thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
Parchment looks good with vintage burgundy, and doesn't have the habit of frying your legs when you get in after having the top down in the summer sun. I would still opt for a black top, light colored tops are a pain to keep clean and looking fresh.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I'm partial to the black interior, but I've seen a VB vert with Parchment Pony interior, and I must say it looked very nice.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Vintage urgundy is such a beautiful color – and black does indeed look nice with it. But for my money, it's got to be parchment interior! Very rich looking.

And with a choice of only a black or white top, I'd choose white. But if you're willing to stay from original options, nothing would look better with the parchment interior than a matching tan convertible top! ::

Don't forget white interior either. Perhaps even custom white/burgundy pony upholstery. Now that's what a white top would really go with!

·
Registered
156 Posts
A few years back, a friend had a '66 GT vintage burgundy convertible with black interior & black top, and was always coming in 2nd or 3rd in the popular vote shows for his class at the Shelby Tx Nationals and Tulsa's Shelby Mid America. He asked me what needed to be done......even though I prefer originality, I told him to change out the interior to white. !st places started coming in regularly after that. Again though, I personally don't like to sway from original.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I did my VB vert with a buck skin (tan) top, the interior is black; carpet, dash, 1/4 panel, kick panels, console. 2 tone tan seats, fabric in center and vinyl sides and backs. I will be putting the tan vinyl on the doors and the tan fabric on the door panels (I'm rebuilding a pair of pony panels). The tan top and interior are matching shades and really give the car a contemporary look.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if anyone has pictures of this color combo, i would love to see what it would actually look like. thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 66 Vintage Burgandy convertible. It had a black interior and the leg frying was a problem. I put in a two-tone interior of parchment and dark red. Looks great! Send me your email address if you want to see what it looks like.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts