Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I recently purchased a 66 convertible A code 4 speed, but the car came without a washer pump, resevoir, etc. Can someone send a photo of a correct setup for 1966 to me? ..I can imagine this was an option...???

[email protected]

thanks!!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Two speed windshield washer is standard on a 66. NOS pumps show up on ebay occasionally. Reproduction pumps are junk IMHO. Reproduction resevoir bags are ok. Don't think I have a picture handy but will look.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Duh... you're correct Mid. In any case A washer assembly was standard.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Reproduction pumps are junk IMHO.
I purchased and installed a reproduction pump a number of years ago, and it still works perfectly. Perhaps you just got a bad one...

At any rate, this raises a issue I've wondered about myself for a while: some washer bag brackets are screwed to the fender wall and some are spot welded. I'm not sure which is correct. Mine is an August '66 car and has its bracket spot welded in place. Oddly enough though, it got the white-lettered washer bag rather than the gold-lettered '67 version that many late production '66 models received.

Hopefully, I was able to muddy up some issues that you may not have even had! ;)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I had to disconnect my wiring to clean up the routing and the connectors at the bottom of the repro pump pulled completely out. Hence my "junk" rating. I've got an NOS pump installed now...

I've never seen a bracket spot-welded to the apron, but then again I've never really looked that hard.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, so it was standard..where does it mount?

My left inner fender appears to have no holes in it for such mounting. The inner fender appears original as it still has the VIN stamping....

anyone with a good photo?

-JJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts