Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been covered before but I can't find it with the search. I need to replace the window felts. Can someone walk me thru this procedure?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you need to open up the door and pull out the plug at the bottom of the door so that the window will go down further for you to work on the felts. you can remove the old ones with a flat screwdriver, but if you turn up the edges of the metal in the door you'll need to flatten it out by using pliers or something like that. the new ones just pop in. Make sure to do this AFTER you are done with everything else in the door.

since you'll probably be removing the vent window, the glass will most likely need to come out. also, when you remove the vent window, there are 2 adjustors that use an hex head screw. You need to turn them in all the way and count the total number of turns that you screw it it. this way, you can get them back close when you reinstall.

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

Check out my 65 [color:blue]fastback!</font color=blue>

·
Registered
708 Posts
What is the best way to align the windows of a 66 door after it has been completely stripped. Actually, where do you best start the door reassembly? This part scares me most. Do you align them after the roofrail weatherstrip is in place, or before?

BTW, nice to talk to you yesterday in chat...

Thanks in advance.

Columbo
http://members.brabant.chello.nl/a.schroeders/Columbo66.jpg http://members.brabant.chello.nl/a.schroeders/Columbo66_2.jpg
First time rolling restoration, 66 289 nearing completion.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you need the roofline weatherstrip installed.

first thing is to get the vent window in and then the door glass. roll the window up and get a first fit by closing the door and see how things look. it's a bitch if you didnt mark the vent window assembly before taking it out and counting the turns on the adjusters.

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

Check out my 65 [color:blue]fastback!</font color=blue>

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Did you have ta say Bitch! I just replaced the guide felt on my doors and just kinda eyeballed the adjusters... of course my doors are off .Mines a convert I hope it'll be easier than a bitch, didn't think it would be that bad.... when I pull the bumper or stop off at the bottom.... how big a "bitch" is it to get back on.... I know I've pulled on that bumper already and It doesn't just wanna slip off.....

Ken
99 GTP
97 Yukon
68 GT convert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts