Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky and bough a 66 K code a couple of years ago and basically just had to clean it good. I was told by a couple of guys at the 55 anniversary show in Charlotte that it is close to being a concourse car. They told me about a book I should get that would clean up any thing that was incorrect on the car. I didn’t write the name down and being two years ago I don’t remember it. Any help would be appreciate.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
You are looking for: "The 289 High Performance Mustang" by Tony Gregory.
There has been 3 editions, and I do not know where to buy one at. Check the NPD catalog.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The 4th edition was published in 2004. The site he used for the registry (www.hipomustang.com) is down. If you search HiPo mustang registry some other mustang registries come up. The ekschange (www.hipo-mustang.com) has a lost and found to try to reunite blocks, transmissions with cars. I haven’t bothered trying to register mine. I’ve owned it for 46 years. It’s been sitting in the garage for 42 years. Maybe after the restoration I’ll see what’s out there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 4th edition was published in 2004. The site he used for the registry (www.hipomustang.com) is down. If you search HiPo mustang registry some other mustang registries come up. The ekschange (www.hipo-mustang.com) has a lost and found to try to reunite blocks, transmissions with cars. I haven’t bothered trying to register mine. I’ve owned it for 46 years. It’s been sitting in the garage for 42 years. Maybe after the restoration I’ll see what’s out there.
Thanks for getting back with me, what year is yours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts