Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didnt come up with what i was looking for. Does anyone know what the actual color was 67. I have to paint my new intake and I want it to match the rest of the engine.

Thanks - Chris

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Different brands can be different shades. I have even bought cans of the same brand and they were different shades. You are going to have to try one on a test piece (I use coke cans) and see if it matches. If not buy a different brand and try again.

·
Registered
369 Posts
What shade is the power steering pump? Is that the same as the air cleaner base? Mine is a little darker blue than the engine, but I think the PO just rattle canned it with something close.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
the pump can is a completely different color. could be blue or black depending on the type of pump. do a search here for the correct color blue.

·
Registered
35,879 Posts
The engine would be Ford Corporate Blue. The pump can be either semigloss black or dark teal.

·
Registered
35,879 Posts
I'll BETTTTTTTT that engine will "MAKE A FUSS!!!!!!!!"
That is a very carefully assembled Cobra/289HP in a 67 GT350. During restoration, it was decided to leave the headers and side exhaust on the car because they have been there since the car was less than a year old.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
That is a very carefully assembled Cobra/289HP in a 67 GT350. During restoration, it was decided to leave the headers and side exhaust on the car because they have been there since the car was less than a year old.
When I said. "make a fuss," I wasn't NECESSARILY referring to the headers. I was just BETTING that the headers and the size of the tubes was a clue as to how much pent-up anger is in there just ready to be unleashed!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
My en- jine

That,....is a thing of beauty. Thanks!
Thank you very much for the kind words there 1meancj7. I'm trying to get the engine and transmission all done up nice, so I don't have to redo them when I restore the car in a couple of years. I'm going to be driving it this spring.

·
Registered
35,879 Posts
Here's the P/S pump versus the engine.
Nicely detailed, and you got the wire routing right. That's one of my pet peeves, lotta very fancy cars get that wrong.

·
Registered
35,879 Posts
When I said. "make a fuss," I wasn't NECESSARILY referring to the headers. I was just BETTING that the headers and the size of the tubes was a clue as to how much pent-up anger is in there just ready to be unleashed!
That car is certainly capable of making a fuss:

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Plasti-Kote Ford Corporate Blue (#224 IIRC) is the correct color. Holds up extremely well and looks correct. According to Lori, it is the correct color from a judge's standpoint.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts