Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rebuilding the shift assembly on my 4 speed car. There is a 1" spring washer that maintains tension on the shaft assembly. Parts book shows xx-365-A. I've tried local fastener houses here in Nebraska. Would anyone have happened on a supplier or an alternate solution? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
35,879 Posts
If you mean the snap ring that holds the spring on, it's a hardware item.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. I'll call Bill Heeley. this is the spring washer betwwen the gear shift lever retainer and the first gear shift lever. The p/n is 379575-S2. the parts book shows qty of 2 but the illustration only shows 1.

I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
35,879 Posts
Thanks for the help. I'll call Bill Heeley. this is the spring washer betwwen the gear shift lever retainer and the first gear shift lever. The p/n is 379575-S2. the parts book shows qty of 2 but the illustration only shows 1.
Yeah, one spring.

·
Registered
35,879 Posts
Bill's great, but a decent hardware store will have the retainer, it's an ordinary snap ring.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, the wave spring washer I need goes between the first shift lever on the outside and the retainer bracket. Bill Heeley has them in a kit including the spring and the special lock retainer that goes between the 2nd and 3rd lever. $25 for the kit which is stiff but I've spent more than that in time looking for them. I'll post a pic this week end for clarification.

Dennis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts