Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a chance to buy a real nice 67 convertable with a 6 cyl engine and I also can pick up a complete 68 coupe 289 car that is running but quite rusty. My question is this will all the V-8 parts and front end parts and rear end fit from the 68 to the 67 without to much problem. They are both automotic cars. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.
Thanks Al

·
Registered
305 Posts
the only real big diffrence you will have to worry about is the motor mounts. Ford did slightly diffrent set up in 67. You cant really tell by just looking. You will need to use the whole set up from the 68. Other wise you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I think that if you buy both the 67 and the 68, the conversion should be pretty simple. All the parts you need, you should be able to get from the 68, supposing that the 68 has them. If it doesnt than you might run into some problems. There's a couple guys here that have done the conversion and there are others here that will tell you not to do it (too much $$$). I say go for it if that's what you want. Personally though, I dont like the 67 convertables much. I'd rather go with the 68 coupe. Thats just my opinion though. Good luck!

·
Registered
858 Posts
well personally....keep the convertible ORIGINAL...those still bring in the big bucks done right :: and id rather have a 6 in a vert thats original, than to convert it....im a v8 man myself...but i always like to keep a car original if its somewhat rare ::

1 - 6 of 6 Posts