Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad found a 67-68 Comet Capri. It has a rearend with no back cover plate, it's not round but kinda rounded rectangle, so I assume it's at least an 8 inch. (6 cylinder car). The bone yard is not sure exactly what year it is. Do you think this would fit my 66 Mustang? Sorry to ask all this but I don't live with my Dad and he's about 150 miles away.

Thanks.

andy

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Bone yard man should know. 67-69 Fairlane, falcon, comet, cougar, mustang used alot of the same parts; ie wheels hubs and the like. Might try to call a shop in town you trust. Or search online distributors for rebuilts to see if the part # matches up. A good yard man would know.

69 Coupe 302, 4 speed, primer red (for that "saving my $ for a real paint job !" look)
66 Coupe, Sauterne Gold , 200 (aka goose sh** green) rust bucket

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is what my Hollander interchange shows, if it were a 64-65 Comet the rear would bolt right in your 66.It lists the 66-67 Comet rearends together, but not for fitting any year Mustang.The 68-69 Comets are again listed as being different from the 66-67 Comet's and any Mustang rear year.They do not specify what the differences are, sometimes it can be as simple as a brake hose mounting location, but it looks like for a 66 the rear that would fit from a Comet would be the 64-65, the later housings are most likely going to be wider flange to flange.I would look for the cars vin on fender or door tag if still present, if it were a 68 it would have a window tag, to actually narrow down what year the car is.

1967 S code GT Deluxe Coupe 65B
1966 Convertible 76B 289 4 speed

Descendent of Francois Seguin dit Laderoute,
Soldier Regiment d' Carignan, New France 1665-1668

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, very much, guys. and the beat goes on.......

andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts